Rubin is a leader in online curriculum for business communication. We provide a robust digital learning platform called Emerge to middle schools, high schools and colleges/universities. Emerge teaches in-demand skills like email etiquette, phone etiquette and how to hold meaningful conversations for college and career.
We also provide a machine-learning writing tool called Propel that offers real-time suggestions to improve a writer’s soft skills within an email.
Rubin is based in Virginia Beach, VA and reaches 150,000+ students throughout Virginia and 35+ other states. Customers includes the school systems in Las Vegas, Philadelphia, Loudoun County, Va and others.
Rubin is founded by Danny Rubin, a former TV news journalist and national news consultant. Our motto: “Write well, open doors!”
Rubin seeks a business development representative to create new interest in the company’s products for business communication skills.
You do not need experience in education or online curriculum. However, you must have a proven history of getting stuff done. Period.
Your job will be to contact potential customers (ex: school administrators) to encourage demonstrations of our products. That effort will require a mix of emails, phone calls, virtual meetings and in-person conferences. Rubin products are unique and have no direct competitor. What’s more, you will have the entire country to sell into.
Again, you don’t need to be an educator or have a background in curriculum. But it’s required you know how to wake up every day and crush your work.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of work experience preferred
- Excellent writing and speaking skills. Our company teaches the power of the written word. You must reflect that ethos too.
- Outgoing nature and the ability to strike up conversation with new people
- Keen understanding of “soft skills” and effective customer service
- Knowledge of the educational field and terms like “learning management system” and “curriculum” is a plus but not necessary
- Knowledge of email automation, webinars and selling a SaaS product is also a plus but not necessary
To apply, submit your resume to Rubin founder Danny Rubin (email@example.com) with the exact subject line of “Resume for Rubin business development representative.”
We can’t teach you how to hustle. You need to show up day one ready to rock. But once we train you on how to promote our products, you will flourish in this position and make a meaningful impact on the world.
We offer a starting salary of $40,000, benefits and a sales commission structure.
Take your time with the resume and make it your best one yet.
We look forward to seeing what you’ve got.
– The Rubin team