Rubin is a leader in online curriculum for business communication. We provide a robust digital learning platform called “Emerge” to 100,000+ students within middle schools, high schools and colleges/universities. Emerge teaches in-demand skills like email etiquette, phone etiquette and how to hold meaningful conversations for college and career. Rubin is based in Virginia Beach, VA and has clients throughout Virginia and 30+ other states. Rubin is founded by Danny Rubin, a former TV news journalist and national news consultant. Our motto: “Write well, open doors!”
Rubin seeks a principal software engineer to enhance and improve the company’s online learning platform, Emerge.
The CTO must have twin skillsets: a fierce determination to tackle software development challenges and the patience to help clients with technical issues.
You do not need experience in the educational field. However, you must have a proven history of getting stuff done. Period.
Your job will include tasks like: develop custom software solutions based on client feedback, provide maintenance and support to the existing learning platform, interact with clients and think “big picture” about to how help Emerge scale and reach more and more classrooms. You will also be involved in a new company product that uses natural language processing to offer real-time soft skill instruction.
Again, you don’t need to be an educator or have a background in curriculum. But it’s required you know how to wake up every day and crush your work.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of work experience preferred
- Excellent writing and speaking skills. Our company teaches the power of the written word. You must reflect that ethos too.
- Outgoing nature and the ability to strike up conversation with new people
- Keen understanding of “soft skills” and effective customer service
- Knowledge of the educational field and terms like “learning management system” and “curriculum” is a plus but not necessary
- Knowledge of email automation, webinars and selling a SaaS product is also a plus but not necessary
- Any knowledge of the following is a plus:
- Emerge is built on the Moodle learning management system (LMS). Moodle is a PHP application that houses CSS, HTML, and Java.
- Our underlying server environment is Ubuntu, Nginx, PHP 7.4 and Mysql
- The applicant can live in the Hampton Roads (Norfolk/Va Beach) area or work remotely.
To apply, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the exact subject line of “Resume for Rubin CTO position.”
We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
Take your time with the resume and make it your best version yet.
We look forward to seeing what you’ve got.
– The Rubin team