Rubin is a leader in online curriculum for business communication. We provide a robust digital learning platform called “Emerge” to 100,000+ students within middle schools, high schools and colleges/universities. Emerge teaches in-demand skills like email etiquette, phone etiquette and how to hold meaningful conversations for college and career. Rubin is based in Virginia Beach, VA and has clients throughout Virginia and 35+ other states. Rubin is founded by Danny Rubin, a former TV news journalist and national news consultant. Our motto: “Write well, open doors!”
Rubin seeks a principal software engineer to enhance and improve the company’s online learning platform, Emerge, and work on the company’s newest product, an AI-driven tool called Propel that corrects “soft-skill” mistakes in a person’s writing.
Salary: $50,000 plus a chance at an annual bonus.
The position is hybrid remote as you will work from home but the team will also meet in person. It’s preferred that the person for this role live in the Hampton Roads area.
The candidate must have twin skillsets: a fierce determination to tackle software development challenges and the patience to help clients with technical issues.
You do not need experience in the educational field. However, you must have a proven history of getting stuff done. Period.
Your job will include tasks like: develop custom software solutions based on client feedback, provide maintenance and support to the existing learning platform, interact with clients and think “big picture” about to how help Emerge and Propel scale and reach more customers. It’s a plus if you have experience with AI, machine learning and/or natural language processing.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of work experience preferred
- Excellent writing and speaking skills. Our company teaches the power of the written word. You must reflect that ethos too.
- Outgoing nature and the ability to strike up conversation with new people
- Keen understanding of “soft skills” and effective customer service
- Knowledge of the educational field and terms like “learning management system” and “curriculum” is a plus but not necessary
- Knowledge of email automation, webinars and selling a SaaS product is also a plus but not necessary
- Knowledge of AI, machine learning and/or natural language processing
- Our underlying server environment for Emerge is Ubuntu, Nginx, PHP 7.4 and Mysql.
- Propel is built on Python.
Submit your resume to Rubin founder Danny Rubin at firstname.lastname@example.org with the exact subject line of:
Resume for Rubin software developer position
We look forward to seeing what you’ve got.
– The Rubin team
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Virginia Beach, VA 23464: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Virginia Beach, VA 23464