On Monday, Forbes released its annual ranking of the richest people on the planet. The billionaire list has some familiar names (Bill Gates, Warren Buffett) and a few newcomers (Tory Burch, Nick Woodman).
Mexican business tycoon Carlos Slim once again claims the top spot with a whopping net worth of $73 billion.
The rest of the top ten:
2. Bill Gates (computers) — $67 billion
3. Amancio Ortega (Zara clothing line) — $57 billion
4. Warren Buffett (investor) — $53.5 billion
5. Larry Ellison (Oracle) — $47 billion
6. Charles Koch (businessman, political activist) — $34 billion
7. David Koch (businessman, political activist) — $34 billion
8. Li Ka-shing (businessman, richest person in Asia) — $31 billion
9. Liliane Bettencourt & family (philanthropist) — $30 billion
10. Bernard Arnault (businessman) – $29 billion
OK, that’s a lot of billions in one list. While it’s fun to ogle the wealthiest people in the world, it’s far more productive to learn how these magnates made their money.
8 Secrets of Success from the World’s Richest People
Below are articles (and a video) on several billionaires from the Forbes list. Enjoy!
1. Carlos Slim: The Secrets of the World’s Richest Man
2. Warren Buffett: Warren Buffett’s Ten Secrets to Wealth and Life
3. Amancio Ortega: The Secrets of Zara’s Success
4. Larry Ellison: Why It Pays to be a Jerk — And What It Says About Leadership
5. Michael Bloomberg ($27 billion): Bloomberg’s “Secrets To Success” At Fordham Graduation
6. Nick Woodman ($1.3 billion, developed the GoPro camera): The New Innovative Billionaire
7. Sara Blakely ($1 billion, created Spanx): 10 Lessons I Learned from Sara Blakely That You Won’t Hear in Business School
8. Tory Burch ($1 billion, fashion executive): Tory Burch Taking Fashion World by Storm