My thanks to the team at rbb Communications, one of the premier marketing/PR firms in Florida, for allowing me to lead a workshop May 23 on writing and networking skills.
My workshop was part of the company’s “rbbU” professional development series.
I led two separate workshops for the rbb team — one for junior associates and another for senior associates.
For the junior associate crowd, I focused on:
- Easy ways to edit your own work
- How to make relationships with members of the media
- How to network effectively by taking an interest in other people’s lives
During the senior associate session, I covered:
- How to pitch your client for a press opportunity
- How to integrate storytelling into PR campaigns
- How to network and ask the right questions when you meet new people
The workshop was also a chance to test drive my new book, Wait, How Do I Promote My Business?, a collection of 100+ writing guides for entrepreneurs and small business owners. Buy your copy here!
I love the chance to teach communication skills to other young professionals. To do so in sunny Miami? Even better!