Only Two Weeks Left to Submit to Rubin’s “Great Intern” Contest
With two weeks remaining in the first-ever America’s Next Great Intern contest, the Rubin team continues to review stellar submissions from CTE students around the country.
Now through March 3, 2023, students are encouraged to showcase their employability skills in the fun, free competition.
Educators can register their class or school here. A panel of judges (Rubin team members, industry professionals and staff from the Association for Career and Technical Education) will assess the students across five areas.
1. Greeting: Video recording of the student engaging in a professional handshake
2. Phone Skills: Video recording of the student leaving a mock voicemail and answering the phone at a place of business
3. Team Communication: Email in which the student updates a teacher or employer on the status of classwork or a project at an internship/job
4. Resiliency & Determination: Written example of a time in which the student demonstrated resiliency in the face of a challenge on a class/club project, volunteer opportunity or task at an internship
5. Research & Critical Thinking: Questions the student prepares to better explore a company where the student would like to intern
The instructions are drawn from Rubin’s Emerge curriculum, a broad library of online exercises for employability skills like email/phone etiquette, job interview prep, LinkedIn communication and more. Rubin provides Emerge to CTE programs nationwide.
Questions! Email email@example.com
The clock is ticking — submit today!
June 17, 2022
Big Changes Coming to Rubin Curriculum in Fall 2022
A major facelift is in the works.
February 9, 2018
Danny to Speak to College, High School Audiences in NYC
Big talks in the Big Apple.
March 13, 2023
Rubin Announces National Finalists in First-Ever America’s Next Great Intern Contest
Get your votes in now!